We are pleased to welcome you and your class to Nordic CRAFT. The purpose of Nordic CRAFT is for students to experience innovative and digital learning processes in close collaboration with a class from another Nordic country.
The course is built upon CRAFT's workflow, where students are taken seriously as problem solvers who can digitally “research”, “make” and “do” in the real world. Students build their suggestion for sustainable housing in recycled materials and receives feedback from their partner class.
With this catalog, we want to prepare you and your class for what will happen BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the kick-off webinar.
- Class preparation BEFORE the webinar (approx. 3 x 45 min)
- Program and student assignments DURING the webinar (November 17 from 12-14.30 CET)
- Expectations and opportunities AFTER the webinar. Participation in competition - read the evaluation criterias here
The webinar alternates between taking place
✶ ONLINE, where the hosts present the classes for academic content, initiate assignments and provide ongoingfeedback, and
✶WORK IN CLASS, where you as teacher are responsible for facilitating the processes and sharing the answers of the students to a digital wall - a padlet.
The architectural firm Vandkunsten invites students to develop ideas and solutions to an authentic and realistic challenge:
The globe is challenged according to space and resources. One of the solutions is to rethink our way of living and our housing.
Based on sustainability principles, we need the class to come up with sustainable ideas for housing of the future. You will acquire knowledge before and during the webinar and use it to make a prototype of future sustainable houses. The houses must be presented in a digital product to your partner class after the webinar.
1. Get an overview of the whole process and your role as teacher by reading this paper and the teaching guides for RESEARCH, MAKE and DO. If you would like to know more about Nordic CRAFT please check craft-it.dk.
2. Get in contact with the teacher in your partner class and make appointments and match expectations for the collaboration. You will receive a mail nov. 3th with contact information etc.
3. Print student materials:
4. Acquire materials: 3 white cardboards in A2, 3 different fruits with different shapes, 1 small knife, glue, scissors, crayons, recycled materials as milk cartons, newspaper, magazines, plastic buckets, wrap etc.
6. Consider whether your class should participate in the competition.
See you soon …
The Nordic Craft Team DK